Re: Stupid Clutch

To: Rug that is Shag <ShagRug@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Stupid Clutch
From: Todd Friar <tfriar@rapidnet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:51:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Jason,

I  had, am having a simmilar problem with my clutch.  A couple years ago I was
having difficulty getting the car into 1 st and reverse.  The only solution is
to rebuild  or replace the clutch  master and slave hydralic cylinders.  The
seals are probably worn and air is getting into the system, fluid is leaking
out. I'll let someone else tell you how to tell if the cylinders need to be
replaced. I'm np expert on this!

One thing that you do have to be carefull of is to use the right kind of fluid
when you are refilling/bleeding the system.  I made the mistake of using the
wrong fluid and now the seals on the hydralics have deterioated and I have to
replace them!

Now if anyone out there can tell us what the correct fluid to use with the
girling seals is...