RE: disposing of brake fluid?

To: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: disposing of brake fluid?
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:18:15 -0400
At the risk of starting something I feel that I must point out that
conventional antifreeze (ethylene glycol I think) is toxic.  At least to
household pets.  Dogs and cats love to drink the stuff and it will kill
them.  I have a friend who is a small animal vet and he gets a cat or dog
with antifreeze poisoning very frequently.  Be very careful what you do
with the stuff.  If a container is left open outside you can be almost
certain that a local pet will drink it.  Apparently it is sweet tasting.  I
bet a rug rat would do the same.  It is easily recycled, but I have trouble
finding anyone who does it.  I think (but not sure) that the public sewer
is OK as long as no animals can get to it.

Sam