RE: "S" rating on tires...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'Philip Haldeman'" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: RE: "S" rating on tires...
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:33:36 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Excuse me?
I have seen a lot of racing TR6's with a lot stickier tyres than puny s
rated tyres. Apart from that does the rating of a tyre say absolutely
nothing about how sticky the rubber is. Compare yokohama 510's to michelin,
michelin last long, yokos don't yokos stick, michelins don't both ha ve the
same rating. The formulation in s rated tyres for 510's is the same as the
one in the h rated ones.
Cheers, Gernot