Re: TR6: report - Lucas:1 me:0

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6: report - Lucas:1 me:0
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:11:49 -0700
That makes two of us(Lucus=2,us=0), My alternator was pushing 15.5 volts so I
got a new regulator. Now it pushes 13.5. Problem is when I run the head lights
the battery starts discharging. The new regulator had 4 wires and the old had
2(no instuctions mind you). I chose the two likewise colored wires(yellow and
black) on the new reg. that were present on the old one. Everything seemed to
work fine for a few days and then it happened, I used my headlights. By the
time I got home the battery was down to 11.5 volts. Maybe my brushes happen to
be going down the same time my old reg went out or maybe its my new reg.(and my
scientific wiring approach). I'll let you know when I find out.