TR4A water leak

To: sherry61@email.msn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A water leak
From: CaptGonzo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:33:54 EDT
Faulkner, just a few thoughts:

1. I really don't think the standard composite type head gasket is reuseable
in any way, shape, or form ... especially if it was turned over and torqued
down. Was the gasket reused before? Get a copper head gasket and that one can
be used over and over.

2. I'm not sure if those studs really are going through the water jacket.
Perhaps it's really just a head gasket leak? (It could be, but hopefully it
isn't, a cracked head.)

3. The water is really coming from the studs? Check the core/freeze plug in
the center of the head...

4. My first/best guess is head gasket leak....

Let me know how it goes. Good Luck,

Chris L.
'66 TR4A
'74 Norton Commando