Re: What is it??

To: dtgebhard <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Subject: Re: What is it??
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 23:46:21 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, dtgebhard wrote:

> I've just found a small "capacitor type" object just behind the alternator
> on my '77 Spit with a wire hanging loose and no obvious place to reattach
> it. Car runs just fine without it. Is it anything I should be worried
> about??

It's there to suppress RF interference from the magnetic things whirling
around in your alternator.  For improved radio reception only.

If you don't notice any problems with your radio (or don't listen to
it...) then it's safe to leave it alone.  You are right, it's a capacitor.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm