Re: TR3A - "Freeze Plug" in my Head!!

To: wbrazinski@mediaone.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A - "Freeze Plug" in my Head!!
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 00:06:55 EDT
Hi Wayne,
I've been wonderin' what you've been up to and how you're progressing.
Freeze plugs ( at least the ones I've replaced in my 'B') are usually
installed with the convex side out. Clean the counterbore of any rust and
crud to ensure a good seat and place the freeze plug in position. Make sure
the plug is seated all the way, then take a drift ( I used an oak dowel to
keep from dinging the plug) and tap the center of the plug (perpendicular to
the plug face) until the plug has a slight concave shape. This action will
expand the plug and seat it against the counterbore in the block. No sealant
is necessary.
Good luck
Bob Stahlbush