Re: Subject: Re: Sandblasting Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, sinclair@degenkolb.com
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Sandblasting Questions
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

 The issue as I see it with sand/media blasting is more than
 "how much does it cost". I think it should be looked at from
 the big picture view.
  You need to ask your self are you just going to do this once?

  If so then yeah send it to someone. But think about it first
  Now you'll need a trailer, do you buy, rent, barrow. Then haul
  it to the sand blaster and haul it to the painter. In this
  scenario it's easier to pay the 5k and let the pro's do the
  whole job.

  More than once?
   Now you need equipment and a place to do the work. You won't
   need a trailer you get it keep the equipment you buy for other
   projects and it's a lot cheaper than paying someone else to do
   it. Maybe not as good, buy hey, now you've got the "stuff" to
   do it again! Oh, and did I mention you also get the mess?

 -jimb

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.    ##
## http://www.ptinet.net/~jimbar                      ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##
     And even some not so standard ones!