Re: TR Restoration Questions for the List

To: <SDIndigo@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR Restoration Questions for the List
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 20:52:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve,

I am truly flattered.... but you have me way over-rated.   My car body
looks that good because I searched for a car with great body and no rust.

I am a complete novice when it comes to body work.  All the work I did on
my car was mechanical restoration.  In restoring the dash to white I had it
professionally bead blasted and Spa white/clearcoat painted.

About the only question I can offer input on is the supplier one.  I have
copied the list for the other questions.  There is an army of talented and
experienced people that can help.

I use TRF, Moss, BPNW (British Parts Northwest) and Rimmer Bros. in that
order.   TRF is far and away the best source for good TR parts and
reproductions,  but are on-again off-again on having stock.  Moss is also
good but sometimes they ship me something totally not part of any TR.
They take it back but it can be a hassle.  BPNW are a nice small outfit
that concentrate on a shorter list of stuff but most people are pleased
with them and they have lots of knowledge and backup their stuff with
customer service.  Rimmer is great source right in the UK.... but shipping
can be a huge burden if you don't specify the cheapest way or bulk buy when
they have a free shipping promo.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site