Re: TR4A Breather plug

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Breather plug
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:37:12 -0700
Brian and others who replied re TR4A breather plug. This engine was
rebuilt by a professional British Engine shop in Eugene, OR. They soaked
the block to remove rust, therefore replaced all plugs, so I assume they
simply forgot to install the 4A plug or thought it was a 4 engine with a
breather tube. I installed all accessories and the engine in the car. At
initial start, I had a very hard time with the carbs due to a vacuum
leak in the breather system. I finally gave up and took the whole car
down to Eugene and had them set the carbs. He did redo my work on the
pancake breather. Now, I wonder if I install the plug as a TR4A engine
should have, if that will change anything in the current set up. Guess
I'll have to try one. Certainly don't want to have a breather tube on it
after all my effort to make this car correct. Comments?? Jerry