Moss "mild comp" spring feedback

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Moss "mild comp" spring feedback
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:47:26 -0400
I finished the installation of new parts to my TR4A IRS rear suspension.  I had
what I think were stock old sagged springs under which somebody had used spacers
to try to raise the height.  It was only partially
effective, and the suspension was bottoming out all the time.

I installed the 390 moss "mild Comp" or "road/rallye" springs.
I also installed the nylatron bushings.  THe car already has a sway bar on
the front.
I installed the braided stainless flex brake hoses while I was there.

I really like the change.  The ride is quite civilized.  I was afraid that
it would be too stiff and too low, but the ride height is just fine and the
springs are not too stiff.  Just right.  Now I have to change the (outer?)
brackets to lose the slight negative camber.

After that:  the front......yuk.

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com