Red IGN light

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Red IGN light
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 12:49:48 -0400
Hi all

I'm literally hours away from owning my first TR6 (or LBC for that
matter).  My prospective purchase is being examined by the local Brit
mechanic as I type.  If all is good, or only a few days effort away from
passing inspection, I'll be handing over a cheque tonight.

But while I wait anxiously for "the phone call", can anyone tell me what
the little red light on the tach (I think) on a 76 TR6 is trying to tell
me?  It would come on intermitently, while stopped I think (of course I
was busy watching the road while not stopped).  The only other obvious
thing I noticed was some engine missing in 3rd and 4th.  1st and 2nd
pulled great but about 3000rpm in 3rd and 4th resulted in nothing.  Any
guesses?

Just thought I'd get everyone used to answering my questions as I'll no
doubt have many in the (hopefully) very near future.

Cudos to John Day up here in Ottawa as well for keeping an eye out for
me.  Might have to donate some labour as a "finder's fee" for him.

Rob Christopher
Ottawa, Ont