spitfire junky

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: spitfire junky
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 06:14:37 EDT
    Help!!
              My friend just bought his 7th car!!!! Now he has 5 rolling
cars, two of which are GTs. This newest  one is a spit that rolled (how do
you do that?). I thoght I was bad, but I never needed to build shelves for my
cars! I think he needs to go to Triumphs Anonymous. He got the bug bad!
               On a more technical note.....With that new car he got a webber
down draft carb. Has anyone got any info on how that kit performs compared to
the stromberg? I would think side drafts are better, but I know there a bunch
of people use these things. He also got a set of new mini lite wheels! one of
which is bent :( Is there a way to "fix" this or should he just order a new
one? That is an important question since he has my American Racing Mags and
Periili (sp) P77s till he gets his set mounted.
              One other question I have..........He went to Orlando this past
week and his trany tail piece broke in half. He ended up using two ratchet
straps to pull the two pieces togeather to get back to town ( it worked!) I
dont think I have ever seen this sort of thing happen before. Has anyone else
seen one break like that? What causes it?
               Thanks in advance!

PLB3