Supertrapps cost horsepower

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Supertrapps cost horsepower
From: Allen Patterson <kormanfastbmw@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:53:42 -0500
We've dyno'd about every performance muffler out there, Supertrapps are
consistently on the bottom of the pile.  The only time they come close
in power is with all the baffles removed, at which point they basically
become a glass pack.  You're installing a loud, odd size muffler that
costs you power, don't do it. We found that Flowmasters are by far the
best, you'll have to find a size that works for your application.  Most
American type hot-rod shops have a catalog with listings according to
can size, inlet/outlet size and so on.  They're not as loud either.
Dynomax units are nice too, but seem to break apart under racing
conditions.
Allen Patterson
Korman Autoworks, Inc.
http://www.kormanfastbmw.com