Re: Humor.... American & British engineers.

To: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Humor.... American & British engineers.
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:51:16 +1100
Alan

I hate to spoil a good story, but I can remember seeing British programs
about aeronautical research in the early 1950s (long before NASA) with this
sort of testing being conducted.  Bird strikes, both windshield and engine
intake, seemed to become a problem at that time.

The most important thing that I recall about the testing was the need to
select the right sort of bag for the bird, otherwise there could be a lot
of messy cleaning to be done after the test.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U