RE: TR2 seat(s) needed

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2 seat(s) needed
From: "Mark Gendron" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:42:12 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I would probably be more accurate if I said that I have a pair of seats that
are not original TR2 seats. I assumed that they are TR3a seats, but perhaps
they are from a TR4. They are black with horizontal pleats and white piping.
The passenger seat tilts forward. the seat back narrows towards the top in a
continuous curve. The bottom cushion is rounded at the front.

I also have a single seatback that I assume is from a TR2. It has the wide
vertical pleating, leather facing, and the back is covered with that strange
checkerboard vinyl that the TR2's used on seatbacks at some point. At least
one of my books shows a cockpit photo of a TR2 where you can make out the
checkerboard vinyl on the back of the seat. The seatback that I have is much
more square than the later seats, and it appears to wrap around a bit more
than the later seats. The top also curves backwards slightly.

So that is what I have. Does this sound like the description of a TR2 seat?
If so, how late in the TR3 run (approximately) would this seat style have
been used?

Thanks
-mg