Re: Frozen Nuts

To: "Barlow, Paul" <paul_barlow@bctransit.com>, "'Triumph Digest'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frozen Nuts
From: "zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:18:03 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Paul,
How long did you let the penetrating oil set on the nuts?  Have you tried
heating the nuts up real hot and then spraying them down with rust buster
several times in a row? This tends to break up the rust and suck the oil
into the threads, but you need to do it in a well ventilated space.

Try using a socket that put pressure on the flats of the nut, like Metrinch
or something similar.
Just a few suggestions.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance