Re: POR-15

To: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: POR-15
From: Ellen Kratz <hklean@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:20:03 -0500
Cc: Bob Wilson <bob.wilson@dssc.hcg.eds.com>, Triumph List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jack Brooks wrote:

> Bob,
>
> If you visit POR's site, they have you apply their engine paint OVER POR-15.
>
> My concern is heat retention; two coats of POR-15, thin at 1-2 mils each,
> then their enamel.  It adds up.  I've got leftover POR from other jobs.  It
> just seemed like a good application.  The stuff is rated to 600°F.
>
> I'm hoping to hear from someone who has done it to respond.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack
>
> > Jack,
> >  I tend to agree with Martin.
> >
> > Especially since, the makers of POR-15
> > also make their own engine paint.
> >
> > I do like their original POR-15.
> > But I've never used it on the engine.
> > Got a great looking frame though.
> >
> > Bob
> > '74 TR6
> > '67 TR4

Jack,
I used POR 15 engine paint on my car.However instead of the recomended
method,I aplied only the Hi temp engine paint.No initial coat of regular
POR 15.The finish is great and after three years has held up fine.
I aplied the paint over a freshly hot tanked bare iron block.
So far ,So good....
Rick Hand
70 Spitfire
67 Sports 1200 Saloon