Re: GT-6 rear suspension radius arm attachment

To: Aribert_Neumann%MIMCO@magna.on.ca
Subject: Re: GT-6 rear suspension radius arm attachment
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:54:07 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>On my 71 GT-6, the radius arm attaches to the body with a bracket that has
>two sets of mounting holes.  THe radius arm is attached to the lower set of
>holes in the bracket.  What effect will the handling have if the radius arm
>is attached to the upper mounting hole?  Was this bracket used on other
>Triumph vehicles - consequently dual attachment holes or is there a
>handling gain available?
I believe (it's been awhile since I look at these) but the dual holes are
so the same bracket can be used on either side.  The top set of holes
becomes the bottom on the other side.  It may have been, for correct
geometry, the holes could or should not be centered in the bracket, and it
was more economical to just make one part with two sets of holes.- instead
of two different ones.  But that's just an (un)educated guess :-)

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)