RE: 1976 Spitfire Wheels

To: "'Chris Lillja'" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>, spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1976 Spitfire Wheels
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:07:59 -0600
Chris,

The '76 Spitfire came with steel rims that were identical in center section
to the TR7 rims (but 1/2" narrower).

How do I know?  A friend locally is running TR7 rims on her '76 Spitfire, to
take advantage of the width while retaining the "stock" look.

When I bought a rolling race chassis from her ex I was told that some of the
rims making it "roll" belonged to the '76.

Jim