Re: TR2/3 lower suspension fulcrum pin

Subject: Re: TR2/3 lower suspension fulcrum pin
From: Jack McCarrick <jmccarr@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 06:18:44 -0500
Bob had asked about failures of the lower fulcrum pins.  On the frame I'm
working
on the rear  fulcrum shafts had been bent inward.  When I asked the local club
about it they mentioned that they had seen a few that the mounts had broken free
over the years.  This one looked to have been caused by accident damage that was
repaired with the engine in place so that the spacing could not be measured.
Didn't hear any club stories of catastrophic failure. But remain concerned that
all repairs to this area are solid.

One of the vintage racers I had talked to was pretty adamant about replacing the
upper fulcrum piece if there was  rust under the rubber bushing on the shaft.

Bob, the frame diagram in the original shop manual has some (not all)
measurements
if you choose to replace.

Jack McCarrick