Re: Fluid for new cylinders

Subject: Re: Fluid for new cylinders
From: "zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:44:03 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Ron,
The seals should not have absorbed much if any of the fluid, it is used to
lubricate the bores so the seals aren't damaged during installation.
If you want to use silicone brake fluid it should be no problem at this
point, just flush your line before installing it into the M/C and slave to
clean out any residual DOT 3 fluid and trash that may be left.  Then install
your line and bleed your system as you normally would.
Good luck with your rebuild.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas