GT6 Mk1 racer- help & info wanted

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Mk1 racer- help & info wanted
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:19:06 +1000
Greetings all,

I have just aquired a Mk1 GT6 that has raced for much of its life.
Basically its in good order apart from the rear end, which is not so
quietly, trying to dismantle itself and fall onto the road.

Not having raced one of these before , I seek opinions on the "best"
tricks for the rear suspension. I would certainly like to hear
respective arguements for Mk2 (rotoflex) rear end  vs swing spring as
per late Mk3 GT6/Spit 1500 as it applies to racing. I have read the old
BL tuning books.

Does anyone know of a sensible limited slip diff conversion or
alternatively, has anyone fitted a modern LSD guts into this housing. I
recall lots of problems with broken diff stub axles and again seek any
comments on the latest info/cure.

Can anyone help me with a dash to floor support frame???

Given the amount of list "traffic" on Spit/GT6 matters, I expect to be
flooded with wisdom

Thanks in expectations
Terry O'Beirne
2500 racer, TR5 etc etc   & now GT6 racer

***** English Spare Parts *****
  You neeed ESP!