Re: Greetings from list newbie

To: Tom Vaughn <phoneman@adsnet.com>
Subject: Re: Greetings from list newbie
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:36:04 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
At the time, tripod headlamps which have a bulb separate from the headlamp
itself, were not legal in the US. Sealed beam headlamps were required by US
law. Now however, I'm not really sure, since most, if not all cars currently
manufactured have separate bulb and lamp units. They're probably all
approved by the USDOT though, where Lucas tripod units were not.

George Richardson
The Wyvern - '59 TR3, TS15559L - Now getting a seat rebuild.
http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm