Removing Undercoating

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing Undercoating
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:37:37 -0500charset="Windows-1252"
I know this has been discussed many times before but for some reason I
didn't save the responses....... I think it's a Freudian thing about never
wanting to tackle this job. What is the best way to remove the undercoating
in the wheel wells? I have a small rust spot that I'd like to take care of
but the undercoating has to go first. I seem to recall suggestions ranging
from using kerosene to a heat gun  (not at same time!!) to plain old muscle
power using a scrapper. The fenders are on the car.
Thnaks in advance
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD