Re: opel powered monster

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: opel powered monster
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:53:02 +0100
It was a common swap in Germany to use OPEL engines or at least radiators in
Spitfires. Both of the older 4 cyl. engines were used. The 1100 ccm with 60 HP
and the 1900 ccm with 90 HP. These engines are allmost foolproof/indestructible
and were originally used in OPEL GTs and many other OPELs. For more information
try to contact a German Spitfire club. Joe Curry might have the URLs or mail
adresses.

Regards

Gerhard Wiederholl

1969 TR 6

P.S.: Automatic transmissions are an other subject and I allways thought its
something for handycapped.

>     Hi to all,
>     Is therre anyone out there who has ever herd of an opel gt powerplant (2
> liter) grafted to a spit? A friend of mine came across an opel motor with an
> auto trans and said that the whole thing is smaller than the spit motor and
> trans. Does anyone have any info on that motor ...hp, torque, redline, weight,
> etc? It sounds interesting, but.....  Thanks in advance!
>
> PLB3
> 69 GT6 (frame off)
> 71 Stag (modified)

ÐÏࡱ