New Tan Interior Color?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New Tan Interior Color?
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:16:36 EST
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of replacing my interior carpeting in my 1973 TR6. The data
plate on my door jamb has 33 as a color code for trim. I believe this number
33 refers to New Tan for my interior color. My car has the original door
panels and seat vinyl, but I replaced all the carpets about 15 years ago with
a tan color which I found at a local auto upholstery shop along with felt
under the floor pieces.
 I am not sure what the original "New Tan" interior carpet color should be?
 Does anybody know if "New Tan" carpet is dark or light? I know what the vinyl
trim on the carpet and the hand brake boot vinyl looks like because I have the
original seats to match, but what is the correct carpet color? And where is a
good place to purchase?

My carpet is still in very good shape, just sun-faded, I even thought of
dyeing it, (is this a stupid idea)?

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6  Mallard/New Tan