TR4 / TR6 master cylinders

To: chansen@anr.net
Subject: TR4 / TR6 master cylinders
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 20:04:11 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I just went through this problem this week on a car I'm building.

The clutch master cylinders will all bolt up to the same hole pattern on
the firewall, the slave cylinders are the same diameter bore, and the
TR4 master cylinder has the same bore as the early TR6 so the repair
kits are the same.

However, the TR6 clutch master cylinder and slave cylinders are all
machined for a 1/4" line while the TR4 is machined for a 3/16" line.

I have not found a fitting that will allow the TR4 cylinder pipe to mate
up with the TR6 slave pipe but maybe someone else has. Best to bite the
bullet and replace with identical parts, or change over the whole
system.

--
uncle jack
61 TR4 Rallye Replica Racer