TR-6 trailing arm reinforcements

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 trailing arm reinforcements
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgenet.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 08:27:54 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP9184041221ssutton@mail.ridgenet.net>
Posted-date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 08:19:31 -0800 (PST)
Hello Listers,

    I am in the process increasing the performance of my '74 TR-6 with
extensive engine mods and suspension/wheel/tire upgrades and I am wondering if
I should do anything to reinforce the trailing arm mounts.  I finished a
frame-off restoration on this car in October '96 and there is no rust anywhere;
guess it helps to live in the dry desert of California.

   What I was thinking of doing is using 3/16" or 1/4"  steel (primered &
painted of course) to make a reinforcing plate that would fit on the backside
portion of the frame from where the trailing arms mount.   The trailing arm
bolts would hold the plate in place. The bolts would pass thru the trailing arm
brackets, the frame, the reinforcing plate and then secured with appropriate
nuts.

   Anyone have a comments?

Thanks.

Steve Sutton