Re: TR6 diff removal, a rounded off nut

To: <McGaheyRx@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 diff removal, a rounded off nut
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 17:11:36 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Don't bother trying to remove it the conventional way, just cut it off
with a Sawzall.  I removed all the bolts from my rear flange that way
because they were all beat up from a diff mount bolt backing out and
whacking them.  You are going to replace all the bolts anyway, right?
Don't try taking out the rear-end with the prop shaft attached.  You
will just make an unpleasant job that much more difficult.

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."