Re: OD wiring

To: naffy@netins.net
Subject: Re: OD wiring
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 20:44:41 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/6/99 2:50:07 PM EST, naffy@netins.net writes:

<< I'm getting there!  Have all the overdrive wiring loom hooked up as I think
 it should be with help from the list.  Hooked up new solenoid and doesn't
 seem to work.  have fire after the switch but no fire at the yellow and
 purple wire that goes to the solenoid. no fire with switch off or on.  Do
 have fire at the solid yellow wire that goes to the cut out switches.
 Anything wrong?
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Wellman, Iowa  >>
If this is an A type Od , 1st you need to have it in gear for the circuit to
complete. 2nd  you can jump a wire directly to the solenoid to make sure it
works. If all these are ok check the isolator switches (circuit is closed when
in gear) or the relay - these go bad more than any other single part of the
circuit. Finally check the connections again.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B