Re: DMV, incorrect model ID

To: dynamic@transport.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DMV, incorrect model ID
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 13:08:33 EST
In a message dated 2/6/99 12:46:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dynamic@transport.com writes:

> It occured to me that some people might use that as an opportunity to
>  somehow fight the citation.  But, I was indeed speeding and so I paid up
>  and took my lumps.

Pete,

I was in traffic court once when a guy tried that. He had a Firebird, but the
officer wrote "Camaro." He told the judge he couldn't see how he could be
guilty if he didn't own a Camaro. The judge looked at him rather sternly and
asked:

"Were you driving the car?"

"Yes"

"were you speeding?"

"yes"

"Guilty!"

That was the end of that.

I might add that the guy was bragging quite loudly to his friends prior to
facing the judge that he would beat the case because of the error. Afterwards,
he didn't do too much bragging.

BTW, I was charged with reckless driving, but after explaining to the judge
what happened, I got a "not guilty" verdict!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74