Re: tr-6 1975 window/weatherstripping

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr-6 1975 window/weatherstripping
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 04:56:19 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
First, make yourself the tool illustrated in the Haynes manual.  Put the
tool down between the seal and the glass (with the window down) and
locate it snugly under a clip.  Then use a screwdriver to push the clip
down and off.  Careful not to drop the clip.  Installation is easy with
the tool, but you may have to slightly bend the wings of the clip on the
glass side to get the clip to fit.  This job should take no more than 10
minutes per side when you have the right tool.  Without the right tool
you will spend several frustrating hours, have to remove your door panel
to retrieve dropped clips, and probably stab your finger several
times... <VBG>

By the way, if you haven't already purchased your door waist seals, I
would like to suggest that you purchase from these from Moss.  They are
an excellent reproduction.  My first sets for the 6s were from TRF and
they have some problems, ie. the seal material is too plasticy and the
metal strip is exposed along the seal top.  TRF was very good about
taking them back and issueing a credit.

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."