Re: tr-6 1975 window/weatherstripping

To: <AJMCPAMST@aol.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr-6 1975 window/weatherstripping
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 09:02:50 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Oh yea........ it was the only time I drew blood during last winter's
interior restoration. I used an awl that had a hooked shape on the end and a
small thin flat bladed screw driver. You have to be able to "pull/push" up
on the clips while pushing the rubber seal down. Depending on where the clip
was determined which tool I used. It's not that difficult to do until the
awl slips off of the clip and embeds itself in your finger..... a few
times!! If you're putting new clips on, you also need tiny fingers and  bent
needle nose pliers. Work slowly, be patient and it'll come together.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD