Re: Supercharger Info

To: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>, "Jack Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Supercharger Info
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:30:34 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Sforza <dsforza@megahits.com>
To: Jack Clark <drjclark@mindspring.com>; triumphs@autox.team.net
<triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: 05 February 1999 11:58

Hello All,

Just as a matter of interest, i test drove a blown TVR for 'Classics and
Replicas' in the late '80s.
This had been built by a TVR dealer in Barrow-in-Furness (Northern England).
It had an injected 3.5 Rover V8
and a Sprintex screw-type compressor. It was called the SX350 and was based
on the wedge-shaped 350 with added
420 SEAC spoilers, etc. It went like a rocket and sounded glorious, though
most of the howling came from the 3" toothed belt drive rather than the
blower itself. Considering the test was in February and in the rain, some of
the howling came from the driver :-)