Re: Gas Prices

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Prices
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 13:05:27 -0500 (EST)
Howdy...

Had to chime in on this one. Yes folks - gas prices are very low hear in
the 'States. Wanna know why? Because it's time to start driving your
Triumphs!

So fill 'er up and start driving.

A possible destination to consider would be Portland, ME, and a good time
to do so would be July 28th to Aug 1st. This just happens to coincide
with the 1999 VTR 25th Anniversary National COnvention hosted by New
England Triumphs.

Granted, the approaches to New England just happen to have some of the
higher road taxes in the good ol' US of A, but by adjusted price compared
to the 70's think of it as free gas and everything is a toll road. This
approach works for me.

Speaking of toll roads, I suggest that if you do happen to visit us this
summer - use some roads that don't start with an "I" as in Interstate
(Motorway for our friends in the UK). There's some dandies up our way.
Drop me a line for suggestions.

And get that registration stuff in to Ken and Nancy Streeter.

Bye for now!
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |