RE: Anti-roll bars

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Anti-roll bars
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:58:59 -0500
> The recommendation is for a 3/4" bar in front and a 5/8 " bar in
>back.  Does stiffer in front as the recommendation implies seem right?
> John Cowan

John
My 2p on sway bars
I upgraded my Jags front to 1" from 3/4" and it handles much better now
thank you.  and I will put a 5/8" on the back when I am done spending money
on my GT6. A bigger sway bar on front  increases under steer (like the Jag)
putting a sway bar on the rear will lighten the rear up so if you go to big
on the rear then you will go the other way and have monstrous over
steer..... so I've been told and read. For sometime active driving a.k.a.
slaloms and all  then leave the springs alone and go for the sway bars.  if
the rear is a recommendation from whom? and if the rear gets to light can
you return the bar?? Sometimes the size is governed by your driving style
and preferences. I was told to experiment. yeh right at the cost of each
bar and how many......   tire size can help with aggressive driving ask B.
Lang....

Well that turned out to be more like 3p