Spitfire - Overdrive?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire - Overdrive?
From: Anne Garren <algarren@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:59:54 -0500
Hello listers!

I'm a newcomer to the Spitfire world, having been bitten by the "gotta
have one someday" bug just a few
months ago. My first and only Spitfire driving experience was 20 years
ago on a curvy mountain road
- I remember it quite well! I've been on the Triumphs and Spitfires
lists for a couple of months and have enjoyed the comments, questions,
and helpful replies. I'm starting to look for a car now (one in
excellent condition, not a project car), and my question is: What are
the advantages/disadvantages of an overdrive
transmission? Is this something I should definitely look for, or is it a
matter of preference?

All replies appreciated!
Thanks,
Anne