Re: plastic tran. cover

To: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Subject: Re: plastic tran. cover
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 21:05:34 -0800
Cc: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brian & Gary, I think you also need an "inspection port" to get at the
solenoid and other O/D controls, too, don't you? Unless you plan to pull
the entire cover. I'm interested cause as soon as the O/D arrives, I'm
going to be doing the same fitting process. The new tranny & new plastic
cover are waiting patiently, if I'm not!

I had planned to cut the cover and make an aluminum plate to bolt up
with a few trapped nuts, with a little RTV under the edges.

I'll use my old fibreboard/fibreglass cover as a guide to cut a hole to
get at the drive-shaft/U-joint lube points (and plug it with the usual
rubber grommet), but this was a non-O/D car, so I don't have a guide for
this access panel. I'll have similar problems I'm sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong listers, but wasn't the bulge by the handbrake a
carryover from earlier cars (2, 3 and/or 3A), it wasn't cut away on the
4? (Not on mine, at least.)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602