Re: sex, politics, religion and color

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: sex, politics, religion and color
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:30:10 +0000

Ken

I have a trace document done by the PO which says that the car was Geranium body

with Blackbery trim  - as I found when removing several layers of white,
mustard, green, white again then geranium paint  in 1973 when I was the PO to
the PO !    Under the bonnet and in the unseen areas  you can still see the
original colour, albeit faded (as I sadi - like primer) . I carry a small piece
of bodywork around with me at shows with the geranium colour on for comparison,
but I have never seen a geranium coloured car in the UK.    I guess mine will be

one of the few !  There was a picture of 46 BHX on the front page of Autosport
in  April (I think) 1954 - I have a copy but it is in black and white. The same
picture is used on the Brooklands TR2/3/3A book, but again it a monochrome
colour.   As you have probably seen, Don Piknovic has somehow got an ICI colour
code for this - the original  'Dockers' code is not of much use !

I think that a good colour scheme (but probably boring) is the same as my TR4 -
which is White with red trim. White show up the imperfections in the bodywork
less than other colours.  Most TR4 / 4As tend to be red in the UK - a good
colour but..........   I did see a TR4A once which was coloured with a modern
light blue  that looked really good, and my TR2 was painted in Ford Monza Blue
by yours truly in 1973 which made it stand out quite well !  When I originally
got the TR2 it was white with 3 gold stripes down the middle - like the Le Mans
stripes ( I understand that these were for easy recognition)  but it did make
the car look good.
I suppose at the end of the day everyone has their own opinion so 'you pays your

money and you takes your choice' !

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson

Internet     bjohnson@mmm.com (work) or b.johnson@diamond.co.uk  (home)

1963  TR4   AFP503A / IZS 733  - CT27216-L  (now not L but O ) ex USA
1954  TR2   46 BHX               TS554-O   in lots of pieces     UK Car