sex, politics, religion and color

Subject: sex, politics, religion and color
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:29:41 -0600charset="Windows-1252"
Having watched, and occasionally contributed to this list for a little over
4 years, I feel justified in suggesting that color is another of hose topics
best not discussed in the officers mess.

While looking through some old material recently I noticed Triumph at one
time offered a door casing (part #552884, among others) in a color called
"Geranium."

Well, for the life of me, I couldn't remember what a geranium looked like.
Never fear, it's December and the Gurney's catalog is next to the commode.
A quick look revels two geraniums.  One is a very red shade of purple.  The
other (called Johnson's Blue Geranium) is a definite blue with but the
slightest tint of red.

Well, which shade better describes what was used on our cars?  Either could
make a striking contrast color.  I've heard some of the horror stories
regarding color combinations.  I can only visualize geranium and yellow.

Ken Gano
downstate illinois
'59 TR3A TS57756L
'58 TR10 TBE9239LDLB