Re: TR6 Door Panels?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Door Panels?
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:41:59 -0500
Jack W Drews wrote:

> I just purchased a 71 TR6, really nice.
>
> I find that the door panels have a lip at the very top that protrudes
> toward the driver. Although these look very nice they are very
> uncomfortable for me. I'd like to replace them with panels that do not
> have this lip, and I don't mind them being non-authentic for the
> particular year.
>
> Question:  Is there a TR6 door panel that does not have this lip?
> --
> uncle jack
> 61 TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer
> 71 TR6 street car
> "Please, officer - I have a wife and 24 hungry cylinders to feed..."

 Jack,

I believe you are refering to the vinyl trims that are glued to the top edge of
the
door.  This is actually a seperate piece from the door panel and was changed to
flush piece in '74.  The '74 door panels also got a hole to stick your fingers
in to
pull the door shut, so just swapping out the vinyl trims usually makes it
difficult to
pull the door shut.  Don't assume you can pull on the door handle as it will
soon
break off in your hand if you do!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars