TR-4 Alternator Conversion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4 Alternator Conversion
From: Jordan Robinson <jordan_robinson@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:56:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: danmas@aol.com
List,

I have finished reading Dan Masters' description for replacing a TR-4
generator (VTR web page)and since my generator has died, I am
considering converting to an alternator.  A few questions:

1.  Dan describes using a GM alternator, but not which one.  Anybody
done this before and can advise on which GM alternator to use?  Part
number or GM model vehicle?

2.  Assuming I go with the GM alternator, what issues do I face
concerning the relative size of the TR fan belt and pulley v.s. the GM
unit?

3.  Also, I could use some guidance on mounting the GM alternator.
Will it basically bolt up using the existing upper and lower brackets
or will further modificiation be necessary?

Thanks,

Jordan Robinson
CT28864