TR4 Fuel cap release

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Fuel cap release
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 17:27:37 -0000
I was perplexed by his statement that the release lip on the gas cap
should face the driver (mine doesn't), but then I realized he was
talking about right-hand drive cars.  Us yanks should watch out for
that easily-missed assumption!   My car also has the nice polished
center panel instead of the black crackle finish which was instituted
51 cars after mine.   Great book.

I realize that this literally means that the release lip should face
the Passenger side in the USA.   BUT.....They made it face that way
at the factory for the convenience of the driver so the release was
easy to reach and the cap opened away from the driver.  I'd say (and
set it that way) that the cap release should be on the DRIVER's side
even in the USA!

No, no , no - you've got it all wrong. Keep it the way it is and pull
up instead at the left hand side of the pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Mac