TR6 supercharge and reliability

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 supercharge and reliability
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:58:25 +1000
1) can anyone help me by placing the original TR6 supercharged article
from  "british car" magazine article on the net, or alternatively send
me a copy by fax +617-38140955

2) I am beginning such a conversion with a japanese made blower from a
Jap home market Toyota. I am blowing thru the original Injection system.
I' using a low compression head (8.0:1) from Sth African market car but
I suspect I'll be able to increase this with water injection.
Experiments required

3) There have been some comments on the reliability of +200hp. I already
have this on my race triumph (192 rear wheel) and comment as follows;
factory parts are perfectly Ok up to 6300rpm give or take a very little.
i've never lost a rod or busted a piston since changing to the latest
spec hepolite pistons with oil holes in the ring groove, rather than
slots. There are a lot of tricks in building the block & head, but a rev
limiter seems to the best one I've found.

terry o'beirne
--
***** English Spare Parts *****
  You neeed ESP!