Carb. recommendations for S2 cam and headwork

Subject: Carb. recommendations for S2 cam and headwork
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:48:05 -0500
Cc: Al <al.tracy@juno.com>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 17:35:14 -0500
        Al,

        RE: " I've been told I could use SU carbs, so it could
breath better."

        SU's are neat carbs, they offer simplicity, easy
tuning, easy rebuids, and a tremendous variety of
available needles with which to experiment. However,
an HS6 SU and a CD175 Stromberg are both 1 3/4"
carbs, and the breathing differences are not significant.
If you want a cost-effective improvement, you'd have to
consider HS8 SU's (2" bore). I'm not sure if that's what
you meant?

        I suggest sticking with the Strombergs and
getting a set of richer B2Y needles, provided the rest of
the carb is in good order.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic