Re: MG vs. Triumph

To: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>, "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>, <Windoseat@aol.com>
Subject: Re: MG vs. Triumph
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:34:12 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> From: Ron and Angie <nottingham@alltel.net>

> >Hmm, let's see -- the 1500 Midget vs. Spitfire race MIGHT be
competitive,
> but as
> >per the TR3-4-5-6-GT6 vs. the MGB or MGBGT ...and I think my money's on
the
> T-cars.
> >
> >Throw in an MGC, and perhaps we've got some entertainment. :-]
> >

> Throw in the TR8..... well, ol' Morris Garage just does not have
> anything.....  My money would be on the TRs, especially the 8!

Okay, let's remember this is a vintage event. So forget about the Group 44
TR8's. And as much as I hate to say it, I've been told on good authority
that the fastest of the MG's that are vintage racing are significantly
faster than the fastest vintage racer TR's that I know of at this time. I
have been told this directly by the driver of one of those TR's. Will that
spoil my good time at Mid Ohio? NO WAY.

I would still rather push my TR's than drive an MG.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4 almost ready vintage racer (one of the slower ones)
Highland Park, IL