Re: Ex. GT6 Weber Carbs on TR6

To: geo@ohio.net
Subject: Re: Ex. GT6 Weber Carbs on TR6
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 23:15:52 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

Many thanks for the prompt feedback.  I'll try and find out a bit more
about the vintage of the GT6 before proceeding.  I am hoping that they were
intended for a late model!  If not, I'm still inclined to get them and then
see if I can find a '6 manifold for the trip DCOEs - anyone got one lying
around proping a door open?

Cheers,

Tony gordon

At 21:51 12/8/98 -0800, you wrote:
>the late model gt-6 webers should fit....the tr-6 would not fit on the
>gt-6...the linkage is to high and the manifold juts out to far into the
>bonnet. the early gt-6 will not work as the head of this 2 liter is not the
>same as late model gt-6 and all tr-6. i would hook it up and see what
>happens before you buy a bunch of jets...might just work. good luck geo

  Anthony Gordon                        Technology Education Consultant
  Saginaw Public Schools                tel:    1-517-797-4855
  ISDC, 1505 Ottawa Blvd                fax:    1-517-797-4880
  Saginaw, MI 48602, USA                email:  tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us