Re: Weber Carb Question

To: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: Weber Carb Question
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:56:38 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Tony Gordon wrote:

> A question for the GT6 folks (or the resourcful TR6 folks - and who isn't):
> will a GT6 triple Weber set fit a TR6 without major surgery?  I know that
> re-jetting and new chokes will probably be needed, but wondered about the
> manifold, etc.

Depends on your definition of "major" - I saw a 3-weber setup on a TR6 at
a car show this year (didn't find the owner though) - but there was a
sizeable cutout in the right inner fender to account for the K & N filter.
The void had been filled with a passive material to ensure airflow into
the filter.

That's all I can remember about the getup tho.  I don't know enough about
TR6s to be able to judge whether the manifold was altered or anything.

If I have a photo I'll consult it... but I think that roll of film got
spoiled :-(

-Malcolm
'62 TR4 (with 2 SU!)