Re: Pertronix vs. Crane Ignition question

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronix vs. Crane Ignition question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 11:33:10 -0800
Cc: Triumph news group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
George,
The Crane unit (while larger) is sealed and therefore cannot be
serviced.  Like most devices of this sort, I'd bet that between the
finned aluminum heatsink case and the circuit board, is packed with
potting compound which would prevent service even if the top could be
removed.

In short, it looks like a "throw-away".

Regards,
Joe Curry